04 November 2016

Out of the kiln

The fired pots from the short course at Morely were waiting in a dark cupboard. I photographed them on the spot, in case of breakage on the way home.

Here they are, in the order they appeared. Some toppled over in the kiln, or collapsed altogether - which makes for some "interesting" objects!
The blue "glaze" is melted glass beads

Another "self-fused" group

Holes!
Three puddles of metallic fabric, with chunky stitching and a few beads
Not everything came to this sad state - I'll be doing a "before and after" of those, sometime soon.

3 comments:

Olga Norris said...

I find these self-formed groups powerfully evocative. Especially on the crumpled paper base.

Sandy said...

These are actually cool in themselves. I saw this interesting video through a link on Through our Hands facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/ceramicreview/videos/1150676458305108/ Lesley Risby She uses metal and also fabric in interesting ways for her ceramic work.
Sandy
PS actually, in trying to find the URL, I discovered Ceramic Review is a cool facebook page!

Charlton Stitcher said...

You say they are in a sad state - because they are not as you expected and hoped for perhaps? - but I find them lovely, especially the 'self-fused' and the 'holes' groups. I am intrigued by the organic quality of the shapes and the way they naturally lean into one another.